Tuesday 1 May 2012

A different sense of feel

Afterwards I experimented a bit more with different effects and came up with some interesting results.

Here a purple undertone has been added creating a more colder feeling and effect in the pattern



I actually quite like the effect of this with the colour overlay and the burn blending effect. It definitely has a more autumn and crisper feel to it. I did notice an obvious track mark which will need to be fixed.


 
 This was created by changing the opacity levels of both the pattern level and the background level which had been filled in a light green colour and blended with the 'darken mode'. 



This is similar to the previous one, only this time with an added layer of colour - this brown, with an adjusted opacity and using the 'overlay' blending effect.
I truly like the effect of this as it has a warmer undertone to the design, retaining the wonderful colours and tones of the different dried petals while still giving the slight crisp autumn feel of the earlier colourings. 


I had a sudden idea of combining two different types of repeat into one - using the old rose motif previously created:

This was just  roughly created to get a sense of what it might look like. I don't mind it, it actually looks quite cool with the contrast however it may feel a little clutter and with too much going on. It may look better if the toss background was changed to a duller tone or with a high opacity. While it does at more dimension to the work I feel I this stage I would probably leave out the rose for now. 








No comments:

Post a Comment