Tuesday 1 May 2012

Attempting the challenge. Take 1

 

I decided to try creating a toss repeat starting off these these two images of dry, fallen and withered petals and leaves. This way I felt that I could portray the idea of slow change and decay in nature but at the same time the beauty of it. These are the cut out motifs that have been manipulated through the rough pastels filters.





 This is the working pattern with the motifs copied and rotated
And this was the result when the repeat was made into a pattern. There are several track marks that are clearly visible- hence there needs to be a lot of adjusting done.


Later I realised that I had used the wrong method. I had created my own box in the middle of the page to fill with the motifs and i cut and pasted the areas that stuck out of the box from all sides, rather than the two and corner, shown in class. 

I tried using the proper method and after a long time adjusting this was the repeat.


This was the result after testing the repeat 

For some reason the track marks in this were much more worse than the first time.

In this attempt, I didn't bother filling in the middle of the motif with layers of petals- I just wanted to test if how I was cutting and dragging the outside parts into the repeat box was better this time round. Unfortunately it wasn't.


After more adjustments, this test demonstrated that the repeat wasn't quite right it is clearly visible how the pattern is created and the track marks are pretty obvious.
 After this, I was fairly frustrated, called it a day and decided to try again later, hopefully with more success.







No comments:

Post a Comment