Friday 27 April 2012

Around the neighbourhood

As preliminary research I roamed around the neighbourhood taking pictures of things and objects that appealed to me. 
Initially I just my phone but soon after I realised I would need to use a better quality camera for the quality required for the end design.

The first photo taken here I took because of the beautiful colours in the sky and the movement of cars. The second is of the electrical posts and wire. I considered to focus more on the structural side of the neighbourhood - the street signs, fences, lamposts - however I rethought that and felt that would be disregarding the brief which required exploring the nature side of the neighbourhood.
   
 
These photos are of flowers around my area. I was largely drawn to their vivid hues and colours however my concern is that the material I have is too literal and lacking and sort of concept. 

In particular I like the anther and stigma of this flower
               



Again the colours of these flowers are gorgeous but I plan to go out again to take more photos from a different view/ focus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment